Thursday 12 June 2008

The Drinking Fountain

The drinking fountain squirted me.
It shot right up my nose.
It felt as if I'd stuck my nostril
on the garden hose.

It squirted water in my eye
and also in my ear.
I'm having trouble seeing
and it's really hard to hear.

The water squirted east and west.
It squirted north and south.
Upon my shirt, my pants, my hair,
but nothing in my mouth.

I'm sure that soon they'll fix it
but, until then, let me think...
just whom can I convince that they
should come and have a drink?
--Kenn Nesbitt

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this poem because it was funny. The idea of water squirting everywhere was ridiculous! That is why I found it funny. I also liked working inmy group as we had laugh over the poem.

Anonymous said...

i thought this 1 was funny because it was quite un usual.









from little old me



jake hawkins ...:):}:]





^ ^
. .

uuuuu

Anonymous said...

we thought the poem was not funny at all, it was a bit random and had a dumb topic. The poem we thought would of been a lot better, if it included some funny/rude words.We also thought that the topic of the fountain was naturally not very funny,this is because no-one has ever really used a water fountain to be funny.
Also the poem tried to be funny in the first two paragrapha and not in the second two this made the structure of the poem not very funny or enjoyable.


from jamie , jack , joe , ed

Anonymous said...

I think it is really funny.

Anonymous said...

this poem was boring.... ☺ ☻

Anonymous said...

my faviorte poem was the drinking fountain because it is funney then the others and it useed funney words.

mike

Anonymous said...

i found it funny bcus it gave the image of someone gettin soaked and it was funny also i liked
working in my group to look at the poem

Anonymous said...

i liked the drinking fountian becuaseit was funny.i liked the idea of the water fountain going in every direction execept his mouth. also i liked my group.

Tom

Anonymous said...

the drinking was my favourite poem because it was funny and it rhymed , i also liked working in my group ...

charlie...:)....