Thursday 12 June 2008

Bubble Bath

I emptied my bubble bath into the tub,
Determined to get myself thoroughly scrubbed.
The bottle had said "ONLY ON CAP OR TWO",
So I poured in the lot to see what it would do!

That still didn't seem quite enough to get clean,
So I followed it up with another fifteen.
Then three bars of soap and a dozen shampoo,
And two broken bath bombs to finish my brew!

I'll cut to the chase, this did not turn out well,
As the burbling, foaming bath bubbles did swell!
It wasn't all bad, I was clean smelt sweet,
But outside my soap suds had buried the street!
--Gareth Lancaster

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the poem because it is funny and is talking about nonsense which i have enjoyed reading the poem lots. It rymes and it was funny. My marks for 10/10 is 8/10 .

Anonymous said...

My favourite poem is "Bubble Bath" because it is really funny and intresting to read. It is funny because it is talking about a boy that makes to many bubbles that fill his whole street.

Anonymous said...

ilike this poem because it is really funny and it was funny when he disobes whatthe capsays and puts the whole kaboosh in

all in all its quite good but could be a bit more funny about
8-9/10


cool

Anonymous said...

i think this peom is good, it is funny at times. i like the rhymes and how it over exaggerates at the end of the poemwhen loads of bubbles fill the whole street.x

Anonymous said...

out of all the poems ihave just read i think this is the best one because it has good rymes.Itcan be funny but only somtimes at teh end i think it is a bit stupid at teh end because they would not really be all over the street.x

Anonymous said...

it was not funny

Anonymous said...

i love choclate mil

Anonymous said...

i love choclate mil

Anonymous said...

chicken pie

Anonymous said...

I thought it was good but it wasen't that funny and it didn't make me laugh it was interesting.

Anonymous said...

poo pie

Anonymous said...

a bit childish but can be funny for 3-9 year olds

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.